Friday, November 16, 2007

Woodgreen Ravine

I received the following from Don York President of the Manse Valley Community Association who has been fighting to preserve a 5 acre woodlot from development for the past four years. Here is his letter:

Hi Barry,

Sharon and I were at (City Councilor Ron) Moeser's office in the Port Union Plaza tonight and
he informed us that the developers will be here "next week" (probably
Monday) to start taking out the trees!!!

I am hoping that Moeser can give us a firm date on exactly when they will
arrive.

The question is: what do we do?????

I would like to see us get enough people together that we can form a
picket line across Hainford (their only entrance) to prevent them from
coming in. We would also notify every media contact we know so they would
be there to film it and report on it.

Anyone else have any ideas? How many people could we get to protest on
site? Does anyone have any contacts that could assist us in making up some
protest signs?

Any and all suggestions are welcome. We have fought this thing for almost
four years and I'll be damned if I want to see them walk onto the property
with no problems!!!!

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO RESPOND WITH THEIR THOUGHTS - FOR OR AGAINST -
AND ANY SUGGESTIONS !!!!! NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION AND WE HAVE LITTLE
TIME TO ORGANIZE!!!

Thanks ....

Don

No comments: